We were thrilled to be a part of a great cause this Mother’s Day. We donated 15 floral arrangements for all the Mom’s who are staying at the YWCA. The YWCA is dedicated to breaking the cycle of domestic violence, homelessness and poverty. They believe that healthy women and healthy families lead to a thriving community – and so do we. We hope our flowers made them smile. The brief article that appeared in the YWCA newsletter follows.
Carlos the Goodwill Ambassador with our flowers
YWCA clients receive Mother’s Day flowers
Energy 101.5 FM, the Mini Club and Modern Petal think of the YWCA’s mothers.
Carlos, the Energy 101.5 FM goodwill ambassador, and MINI Crowfoot are celebrating the YWCA of Calgary’s clients by bringing them flowers for Mothers Day on May 7. Floral arrangements with a “MINI” theme have been donated by Modern Petals floral boutique.
MOTHER’S DAY IS A COUPLE WEEKS AWAY AND WE WANT TO HELP YOU PAMPER YOUR MOM. MODERN PETALS HAS PUT TOGETHER A PRIZE WORTH $355!!
HOW TO ENTER:
- JUST FACEBOOK OR TWEET US AND TELL US WHY YOU WANT TO PAMPER YOU MOM
- THE WINNING RESPONSE WILL BE POSTED ON FACEBOOK AND THE WINNER CAN CHOOSE TO HAVE THE FLOWERS DELIVERED OT MOM IN TOWN OR THEY CAN PICK UP THE PRIZE AND PRESENT IT TO HER IN PERSON
- 8 HANDCRAFTED ALL OCCASION CARD ($50 VALUE)
- PREMAI SAI HOLISTIC LIVING GIFTCARD ($85 VALUE) – MOM CAN CHOOSE FROM: MASSAGE, ENERGY WORK, DETOXIFICATION & BODY WORK
- LANGFORD FOODS FLORAL INFUSED PRODUCTS ($50 VALUE) -PETAL SHORTBREAD, GARDEN BARS, FLORAL FLAVORED JAMS, FIELD & FLOWER CHOCOLATE
- FLORAL ARRANGEMENT BY MODERN PETALS ($95 VALUE) – ONE ELEGANT TEA CUP WITH SAUCER FILLED WITH BEAUTIFUL SEASONAL FLOWERS, DELIVERY TO YOUR MOTHERS LOCATION IN TOWN INCLUDED
- MODERN PETALS GIFT CERTIFICATE TO BE USED IN STORE ($75 VALUE)
Over the years, Administrative Professionals Week has become one of the largest workplace observances. The event is celebrated worldwide, bringing together millions of people for community events, educational seminars and individual corporate activities recognizing support staff.
In response to staff decreases, Admins take on more responsibility.
Administrative Professionals Day recognizes the office professional’s contribution to today’s workplace. During the current economic downturn administrative professionals are increasing their workload and expanding their roles when office staff is downsized.
Administrative professionals are no longer simply answering phones and handling correspondence; Admins of today are buying software, learning how to use it and training the management. In addition, the latest surveys shows that Admins are branching out into non-traditional roles including budget analysis, research, project management and internal communications.
Remember to thank your admin this week on Administrative Professionals Day, Wednesday, April 21.
Every year Easter seems to sneak up on me, I can’t believe it’s next week already! For this holiday we are featuring fun, fresh and funky arrangements to jazz up your Easter table. Try something new this year for your centerpiece; how about a series of your prettiest tea cups filled with delicate blooms parading down the table or a simple vase of mixed colored tulips accented with beaded Easter Eggs. We have adorable little mock chocolate bunnies that are so cute tucked in amongst your flowers, I’ll bet everyone will try to take a bite.
So mix it up this year and have fun with your Easter arrangements,